Saturday, October 12, 2013

Don't Know Jack by Diane Capri

Don't Know JackDon't Know Jack by Diane Capri

I just purchased "Don't Know Jack" as an e-book. I'll probably read it, because I paid for it, but because of the outrageous "License" terms, I won't review it, and I won't be buying any more of your books.

"This ebook may not be resold or given away to other people". I refuse to accept any author's or publisher's right to apply "terms" to the way I read books. I don't "share" ebooks. I don't post them on websites. But I absolutely reserve the right to give away my only copy, just as I would with a paper book. I actually support the idea of paying royalties on every transfer of any work of art (though how it would ever work, I can't imagine), but authors and publishers neither have a moral right nor (in most countries) a legal right to demand that I can not give away a book I have purchased.

I do not "agree" to your terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment