Friday, February 6, 2015

Murder 101 by Faye Kellerman

Murder 101 (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #22)Murder 101 by Faye Kellerman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So, Decker's retired from LAPD to work in a sleepy upstate New York town, and it's driving him crazy.

I'm okay with characters in series aging, but it's a bit telling about my own aging that the Decker's daughter Hannah is now in a Ph.D. program, and I've been reading these novels since before she was born.  Still, at least nobody (as far as I know) calls me "Old Man", which the rookie Decker is teamed with calls him.

I always enjoy Kellerman novels (slightly preferring Faye to Jonathan), but this one's a little uneven. It's a bit hard to believe that Greenbury NY is so small as to have practically no crime, and yet it has five detectives. I also hate the ending, which seems like she rushed it to get it under 375 pages, but on the whole I still enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment